About Dr. Washatka
- Board Certified Family Medicine
- Functional & Holistic Family Medicine
- Advanced Certification Ozone Therapy
- Governor Appointed to Infant and Children’s Health Advisory Council (ICHAC) since 2019
- Cosmetic PRP w/Ozone Certified
- Board Certified Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
- International College of Applied Kinesiology Certified
- Board Certified Physician of Osteopathic Medicine
- Bachelors of Science in Special Education
Dr. Sarah Washatka, D.O., obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education at Lee University in Cleveland, Tennessee, where she was a full scholarship soccer collegiate athlete. She taught Special Education for three years at Northwest High School in Georgia while obtaining her pre-requisites to go to medical school at night and on her summer breaks. She always wanted to be a physician, and she knew from the start that she wanted to combine conventional medicine with a holistic approach, so she applied and got into osteopathic medical school.
She then moved to Michigan for 4 years, where she obtained her medical degree at Michigan State College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Washatka completed her Residency in Family Medicine at Oklahoma State University Medical Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and began growing her practice during this time. She was a hospitalist while her practice grew, and at the end of 2020 transitioned to private practice full time.
She is a Board-Certified Family Medicine Physician who specializes in functional and holistic medicine. She combines her training in conventional medicine with her experience and knowledge of holistic and alternative treatments to build an individualized plan of healing for each patient.
- Family Medicine
- Functional Medicine
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement
- Food Allergies
- Ozone Therapy
- PRP with Ozone
- Continuing education to better serve her patients
- Cooking healthy meals and teaching her sons the value of nutrition and whole foods
- Going on outdoor adventures as a family
- Playing sports and maintaining an active lifestyle